Friday, September 25, 2009

Henin is back !!! and wows to do it...


Hooray !!! My idol is back....let's hope she can rise back to the top of the game ;-)

Former World No 1 Justine Henin vowed on Wednesday to return to the top of women's tennis after deciding to come out of self-imposed retirement.

"Today I'm aware that there is more than just tennis," the seven-time grand slam winner said at her tennis school in Limelette in central Belgium.


"But tennis is what I do best. I'm 27 and still physically capable.

"Now the hard work starts. I'm going to have to get back the confidence and go through stages which I'd forgotten about," Justine said.

"Time is on my side. But it'll be a long road.

"I like a real challenge. Ambition is part of me, I need to live something exceptional, to feel the adrenalin. It's part of me.


"Surprise US Open winner Kim Clijsters hailed as "fantastic" the return to the circuit of a fellow Belgian and great rival.Kim triumphed at Flushing Meadows earlier this month after an 18-month break to have a baby while Justine announced her return on Tuesday after more than a year off.

"Justine worked very hard in the past to get magnificent results in her first career," Kim said on her website."

For tennis it's fantastic to see her come back. It's very good for women's tennis and very good for Belgium."

No comments: