Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Became Live Witness to flash flood...

Wow, there was this heavy downpour happens just outside my office yesterday and after around 30 mins, the roads in front of my office was hit with flashflood. From my office toilet windows at around 10+am, I could see that the water level was as high as covering the car front plates parked by the roadside. The whole area especially the T junction in front of my office building and the Teluk Bayan hawker center car park was like a deep pool full of water. Most of the cars' alarm got triggered causing hoo-haa and I also saw there's 1 lorry got stucked and dare not move in the middle of the T-junction with the driver inside. Luckily the rain got smaller by lunch time and water level was dropped off quickly. For the rest of the day, I can see cars being pushed over due to their engines being flooded with waters and mechanics around fixing some of it...Phew..what a day... I'm grateful that I'm inside the office and my vehicle was not one of those got affected by this flash flood...

No comments: