Saturday, August 23, 2008

Malaysia petrol price down rm0.15 to rm2.55 per litre starting today.

The prices of diesel and petrol have been reduced by between eight and 22 sen a litre from today, 10 days earlier than expected.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said RON97 petrol now costs RM2.55 a litre, a drop of 15 sen from RM2.70 a litre while the price of RON92 went down by 22 sen to RM2.40 a litre.


The news cut above was quoted from The Star 23 August 2008.

For me, to be fair say...it should be lowered much more than the announced 15 cents due to the global crude oil price was down so much to USD110+ per barrel. The government is still earning a lot through our cut-subsidised petrol price. With this cut, it will at least ease some burden of us citizen but the price of goods raised after the petrol price hike will remains the same, therefore it's still not good time...so plan wise and spend wisely. After my hike this morning, I went over to my regular petrol station and filled up my car with the brand new petrol price...hopefully the price will go down some more....but then again, am I dreaming?

No comments: