Monday, August 10, 2009

POST Penang Peace Run 2009


Hmm...how do I start here. I wasn't even planning to join this event in the first place. Waited for the very last day of the extended dateline to register for the event, and when I woke up yesterday morning it was raining quite heavily. I was a bit hestitate to go or not for the run and eventually drove myself there (not on bike coz it's still raining) when the rain became smaller and gradually stopped when I reached there.
It was already 710am when I reached the Youth Park parking lot, so as expected, the place is already full. With not much choice left, I turned out and parked by the roadside further down the road leading to Botanical Garden. Quite surprised so many people turned up even though it's a early morning rainy day. Registered myself, and met with Mr Champ, John and waited together for the race to be flag off.
Overall, this year was a much better race for me compared to last year. Didn't stop for the entire race, and even managed to complete it at a much shorter time. I guessed it must be because I'm running all the way together with John. He timed our time at 33 mins for the 6km distance journey. I'm actually quite happy with my timing (of course pls don't compare with those regular runners and much fitter people) given that I haven't run for around 2 months prior to this event and also had a tired day on Saturday painting the house and then 'hand and leg itchy' went for a full session of badminton late Sat evening.
Didn't wait for the lucky draw though as I'm going off back to home to clean up myself before heading out to join my gal for the house painting session again. Can't leave her alone there right....kekeke. A tired weekend, but a very productive one indeed...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

super duper FIT!

BH said...

Not as fit as you having 3 sessions of badminton in a week!

HL said...

hand n leg itchy la ~~~~

BH said...

Still itchy :P