Sunday, March 14, 2010

My 2010 first running event : Flex 10km Run

Hmm, this was the run I joined last Sat, my first ever running event for the year 2010 - the Flextronics 10km Run. If it wasn't for my company's event, I wouldn't even think of joining it in the first place since I'm seriously lacked of training. It was also my first run after last year's Penang Bridge half marathon at the end of Nov. Even though it was just a 10km distance, but given that I have stopped running after the bridge run and with no proper training, it was in fact actually tough!!!
Coupled with the event being held at the Flextronics plants in Bukit Minyak, I have to woke up at 5am that day just to reach before 7am for the registration. The route is rather new for me, furthermore it's so damn hot this day. AGAIN some new challenges for me. Way before the halfway point, I almost gave up and wanted to stop running and just walk my remaining distance. Somehow, I managed to shifted my strategy and followed closely another runner in front of my as my pacer.

In the end, when I was approaching the finishing line, I was very much relief. In my mind, I was actually expecting at least another 1km to go when I saw the Flex plants, but luckily I was wrong :) Waited for the other members from my company to reached and then waited for the prize presentation as well as the lucky draw. Look what I got in the pictures above? A lucky draw !!! Hehe....good luck for me as there were only 10 lucky draw in the shape of hampers worth rm100 each. Not bad considering that I almost skip this event. Hopefully will continue to have good luck throughout the year :)

2 comments:

HL said...

Gambathe .. if you think you can do it, YOU CAN :-D
so, never give up n stay positively

BH said...

Think can...but also need to train up nicely ...