Monday, April 12, 2010

Rossi ends Stoner's spell, wins Qatar GP :)


Defending world champion Valentino Rossi of Italy won the Qatar Grand Prix on Sunday after Casey Stoner crashed out early in the season-opening Moto GP race.

Rossi finished 1.022 seconds ahead of Yahama teammate Jorge Lorenzo of Spain for his 104th career win and his first in the opening race of a season since 2005 at Jerez, Spain.

Stoner was aiming for his fourth successive win in Qatar, but the Australian skidded off the Losail International Circuit while leading the race in lap five.


"I was fast enough to win," Rossi said. "It became easy after Casey went out, but it is great way to start a season. This win is great for myself, my team and my supporters."

Andrea Doviziso of Italy was 1.865 seconds back in third.

The 31-year-old Rossi finished in 42 minutes, 50.099 seconds in what is the only night race on the 17-stop Moto GP calendar. Nicky Hadyen of the United States was in the top three at one stage but was overtaken by Lorenzo and Doviziso to finish fourth.


"I did my maximum to overtake Hayden and I am glad I did that," Lorenzo said.

Ben Spies, Randy De Puniet, Dani Pedrosa, Colin Edwards, Loris Capirossi and Hiroshi Aoyama completed the top-10 riders.

GREAT start to the new season, DOCTOR !!! Keep it up :)

No comments: