Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Penang Starwalk 09 (13th Dec 09) Results - part2 (Men's Open and Women's Open)

All right, here comes part2 of the Penang Starwalk 2009 results. This time we have the men's open and women's open category. The winner lists are top45 for men's open and top35 for women's open.
I'm not sure about women's open but again in men's open category, there are a lot of cunning cheaters. Why can't they play it fair? You win a medal based on your capabilities, not by cheating and be proud of it !!! During the walk, when they see the officials standing by the side jotting down numbers, they quickly stopped and back to walking mode, but the moment they turned their heads back to see the officials not looking at them, they start running again!
The official a.k.a. Walk Judge did managed to caught 3 or 4 Indian guys cheating but somehow, when the winner list is out, I'm quite disappointed that the 2 obvious cheaters are in the top 20 positions. A1250 and A1017, you can tell all your friends how proud you are, but the truth is you are just a dirty cheat with unsportsmanlike tactics. It's so disgusting watching them cheat all the way during the walk and yet still managed to get away with a medal !!! Shame on them...

I'm happy getting no medal from this event as long as I play it fair and will be happy with my whatever timing.

Apart from the Boys, Girls and Men's Open category, I do not see or managed to see any other walkers from other categories cheat during the walk. Many of my friends are in the Women's Open top 35, so congrats to them :)
ps: stay tuned for the last part of the Starwalk09 results series, which will be the Veteran categories...

6 comments:

michael said...

You are a good observer. I agree with you. And thanks for the result posted but the photo on the result sheet of Woman Open Category is not clear enough. Just to feedback to you.

michael said...

You are a good observer. I agree with you. And thanks for the result posted but the photo taken on the result sheet of Women Open is not clear enough. Just to feedback to you.

Unknown said...

I've taken part in the Starwalk for donkey years. Everything's great except that there aren't enough officials. There should be at least 1 official at every 50 meters intervals. Every race walker wants a fair competition. If there isn't enough allowance to pay the officials, just increase the entrance fee. If this isn't possible, stagger the starting time for different age groups. Another suggestion is to allow the previous year's 1st to 3rd winning walkers to start 10 meters ahead of the rest. Then no walker can cheat and get away with it, bringing disrepute to the world famous prestigious Starwalk!

BH said...

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the compliments. I'm actually quite angry trying hard to walk fair and seeing people cheating and getting away with it. The women open category photo is not mine, my friend gave it to me as my photo only captured the top 23, so I have to used his :) Sorry for that...

BH said...

Samuel, I can sense the frustration in you. In fact, I have the same feelings. They should put more official at shorter intervals, at least every 100m if not 50m. Should let those cunning cheaters pay for their dirty tricks!

Unknown said...

Hi BH & Michael

What a consolation, there're like-minded people like you who share my opinion. Let's hope the organisers will take note of our complaints and suggestions, God willing!