Thursday, October 2, 2008

Massive Flood Hits Penang again :(

For the 2nd time in a month, Penang was hit with serious flood again. It certainly comes at a bad timing given that it's Raya eve this Tuesday on 30th September and many are in the midst of doing their last minute Raya shopping.
The area that got hit the worst as usual is Sungai Pinang where there's a number of Malay villages. Traffic jam on that morning was at a standstill. I still remembered that at around 8am, I could sensed the weird feeling of my office being so extremely quiet. There were also landslide and rocks falling down onto the road in Paya Terubong and Balik Pulau roads. My colleagues was stucked in the jam using the Paya Terubong roads for 1 hours !!! (normal traffic will only requires <>

Like I mentioned in one of my previous post last month, the Chinese will say normally it's wet days during the Nine Emperors Festival, while the Indian will linked them to Deepavali coming soon. Whatever it is, the weather doesn't look good... The not so good thing for myself is - I spent 2 hours washing my car last week and the day after that, it's now dirty again. Such a demotivated fact :(

Let's hope for not so much rain in coming days. Not too hot but not too wet is the best. This kind of sudden change in weather really makes so many people sick. Me, being someone which easily fall sick over small climate change and also as traveller on motorbike will certainly welcome good weather. What say you?

No comments: