Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Post KWYP City Run 2008: Another lucky draw...on borrowed luck again :)

Hehe...at last Sunday's City Run 2008, I have won another prize again. As the above picture shown, it was baby diapers which is of course not useful to me. We finished the run early at 8+am, and then after waited for our whole group to arrive, we went over to one of the shops opposite Prangin Mall to have our dim sum breakfast. Some of them past their lucky draw coupon to me before they left, and me by myself alone went back to the finishing area with 5 coupons for the lucky draw. It was already underway when I arrive there, and finally when I just got myself a nice shady place to wait while typing sms to my gal, one of my coupon number got called !!! I quickly put my hp back to my pocket and went in front to receive my gift. I waited for the whole draw to finish, but it was no double luck for me. Nevertheless, I'm happy that I've got something from lucky draw again....hopefully still can get some before the turn of the year...hehehe.

On to the run itself, it started right on time at around 730am. Hands clapping were so great when Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng arrived to flag us off. This is the first time I see people are really cheering for YAB that flag off for any event. It also proved how much people of Penang likes him and how popular he is.

Throughout the run, I was running together with my ex-colleague John, and he really did a good job in encouraging me to keep up together with him and continue without stopping. We did even managed to chit chat during the run :) I finished the run in 39 mins, well...not that fast compared to my hiking gang and others that I've known but true to myself, I'm very much satisfied with my performance. At least I didn't give up halfway and walk !!! No muscle cramp, no extreme tiredness and I feel good, so hopefully it's a good sign for my upcoming Tanjung 10km, Penang Bridge Half Marathon and Starwalk events....cheers ;)

No comments: