Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Solar Eclipse on 1st Day of CNY...

It was a hot sunny day on the first day of Chinese New Year @ 26th January 2009. Well, this is typically CNY weather since it's sure very hot during CNY every year all this while. The only thing special this year is the happening of the solar eclipse stated from 4+pm until 7+pm. I remembered the last time I witnessed this event was when I was very small, maybe still in primary school. Those days, I used the film negatives and folded them up into 12 layers to looked through it for the eclipse. However, this time the sun is not so bright, so we use a pail of water to reflect the sun and then wear a dark sunglasses to look into the water through reflection. At around 510pm, I can only see a quarter of the sun being covered. After that, the skies became very cloudy and that concluded our eclipse adventure this time. Still I'm happy and satisfied to have the chance to witness a solar eclipse again :) Wonder when is going to be the next eclipse happening again and perhaps my lucky 3rd time??? ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard is sui to come out during this time (4-7pm) as bad luck will fall onto you...Not sure if it is true according to chinese feng shui master...

BH said...

Aiya...too many feng shui masters...all have their own version of predictions...who to believe???