Monday, September 8, 2008

Stupid Avoidable Traffic Jam

What an uneasy start of the day this morning. It was raining and I'm driving to work. I always dislike traffic jam and therefore always go off to work early while many of my friends and colleagues are still soundly asleep comfortably on their bed. Traffic was usual, moving but not fast especially at the place i'm staying - Ayer Itam. With so many schools and traffic lights along the way, there's nothing much we can do about staying here except approach it with the 'use to it' mindset.

As I make my way towards the State mosque traffic light, I noticed there's a jam from far away. When i was near, finally I knew the reason for the jam - the traffic lights was out at all directions at the cross junctions. And as the result of it, the flow was also out. It was completely in a mess and havoc. Everyone was selfishly wouldn't want to give ways to the others; cars from Ayer Itam want to go down to town and to Greenlane, cars from town want to come to Ayer Itam or heading to Scotland Road, while cars from both Greenlane and Scotland Road heading to their own destination. No one wants to give way, and as a result, all were stucked in the middle of the cross sections. Imagine that in the early morning before even reached 7am !!! There were so many empty space for everyone to move and follow the order, but all were simply stubborn with the kiasu attitude.

Feeling enough seeing all this, I made a u-turn in the middle of the cross sections and heading back to Batu Lanchang lane and then went out to Jalan Masjid Negeri and continue my journey. Normally I will reach office around +-5 mins to 7am, but today when I reached, it was already 730am+...I promised my gal not to make myself in bad mood or spoilt my day because of such tiny matters so early in the morning, but yet I can't help feeling frustrated seeing the way these road users behaves...shame on them...

No comments: